As you practice arctic bushflight with your skate Xcub, the control asks you to investigate a crash that has just occured not far from your location.
- Time : 15min
- Aircraft : Xcub
- Location : Svalbard, Norway→ Longyearbyen Airport (LYR) QFU 28
- Weather :
- Blue sky and light wind from 270° for 5 knots
- METAR ENSB 2705KT 9999 SKC -8/-13 Q1030
At the top of Nordenskiold, control asks you to investigate the Mike Delta crash. His last known position is at Hiortfjellet. Go there as quick as possible and mark the crash location with a 360. The injured pilot drew an arrow to indicate you a landing axis. Land on the axis, pick up the pilot and bring him back to Longyearbyen ! Don’t hesitate to make a low pass on the crash site to spot the arrow before landing.
- Activation of the marking at the beginning of the 360° by voice recognition: “Three Two One TOP”
- 360° centered on the position of the crash
- Altitude: as stable as possible
- End of marking after 360° of scrolling
- Turning direction at your convenience
- Marking Precision : maintain your altitude and center you 360° on the crash site !
- Search time : Fly efficiently to reach the crash zone as quickly as possible.
- Landing : Make your best landing on the target. Any deviation or bounce will be penalized.
Penalties cause the loss of points on the final score:
- Not complying with VMC conditions : keep your distance to clouds
- Stalling : be careful with slow speeds
- Leaving the mission zone : stay in the allowed area
Please take note of the map. Activate the “OpenCycleMap” map below to see the relief. Click here for full screen.
It is important to know the limits of your aircraft to fly efficiently and safely.
Mark the target with a regular 360° at a constant altitude. At your signal: “Three Two One TOP”!
To play Download the software Top Pilots Player for MSFS2020
IMPORTANT Make sure you have :
- Disabled MSFS2020 ATC : Top Pilots has its own control.
- Options -> Assistance -> User Experience -> ATC voices OFF
- Options -> Assistance ->Piloting ->Assistance -> Delegate ATC to AI OFF
- Activated MSFS2020 points of interest (POI)
- Assigned the TOGGLE LOGO LIGHT command to a key to replace and/or redound the Voice Command.
Make your Debrief!
Review the key moments of your mission from the Top Pilots Debrief debriefing platform. Analyze your track and relive your flight to objectively debrief your performance and improve your score.
Do you also have challenges to overcome in real flights? SAFETYN can assist you
SAFETYN'Coach is a complete system to help pilots improve their skills to improve their safety in flight. This system has been developed by experienced pilots and coaching experts who have developed a demanding methodology together.
SAFETYN'Coach offers video-conference coaching sessions, either one-off or for a complete course, as well as online evaluation tools.