You are a bush pilot in Papua New Guinea. On a liaison flight, you are asked to drop medical equipment on the Guwasa airfield by a low flyby over the runway…
- Time : 10min
- Aircraft : Cessna Grand Caravan C208
- Location : Papua New Guinea, Mengina (AYEG) → Kora (AYOZ)
- Weather :
- Rainy and overcast, ceiling at 8500ft and light wind from 90° for 10kt
- METAR KGNB 09010KT 9999 BKN150 24/13 Q1027
From the altisurface of Mengina in Papua, you take off and fly over the jungle towards Guwasa where you drop medical equipment by making a low flyby over the runway. You then join the short Kora airfield at the top of a nearby hill. Beware of rain which could degrade your performance.
- Speed : 90 kt
- Altitude : 30 ft AGL (Above Ground Level) or 4830 ft AMSL (Above Mean Seal Level)
- The start of the drop is controlled by voice recognition: “Three Two One TOP”
- Dropzone : on the middle of the runway of Guwasa airfield. The direction of the approach doesn’t matter.
- Start/Drop Time : Fly efficiently to reach Guwasa as quickly as possible.
- Drop : Release the medical equipment on the center of the runway, at the right speed and at the right altitude. Be precise !
- Landing : Make your best landing on the target. Any deviation or bounce will be penalized.
Penalties cause the loss of points on the final score:
- Not complying with VMC conditions : keep your distance to clouds
- Stalling : be careful with slow speeds
- Leaving the mission zone : stay in the allowed area
Please take note of the map. Activate the “OpenTopoMap” map below to see the relief. Click here for full screen.
It is important to know the limits of your aircraft to fly efficiently and safely.
Speed : 90 kts
Altitude : 30 ft AGL or 4830 ft AMSL
To play Download the software Top Pilots Player for MSFS2020
IMPORTANT Make sure you have :
- Disabled MSFS2020 ATC : Top Pilots has its own control.
- Options -> Assistance -> User Experience -> ATC voices OFF
- Options -> Assistance ->Piloting ->Assistance -> Delegate ATC to AI OFF
- Activated MSFS2020 points of interest (POI)
- Assigned the TOGGLE LOGO LIGHT command to a key to replace and/or redound the Voice Command.
Make your Debrief!
Review the key moments of your mission from the Top Pilots Debrief debriefing platform. Analyze your track and relive your flight to objectively debrief your performance and improve your score.
Do you also have challenges to overcome in real flights? SAFETYN can assist you
SAFETYN'Coach is a complete system to help pilots improve their skills to improve their safety in flight. This system has been developed by experienced pilots and coaching experts who have developed a demanding methodology together.
SAFETYN'Coach offers video-conference coaching sessions, either one-off or for a complete course, as well as online evaluation tools.