in New Zealand
Your mission is simple: drop fertilizer into three fields as quickly and accurately as possible. Return to the field between each spreading to fill up the fertilizer. Be careful, the runway is short …
- Time : 15min
- Aircraft : Cessna Grand Caravan C208B
- Location : Ngamahanga, New Zealand
- Weather :
- Some cumulus and light wind from 270° for 5 knots
- METAR NZTN 27005KT 9999 SCN 15/17 Q1002
You are based with your spreading team in a clearing in the heart of Ngamahanga. You have to drop fertilizer to three different fields. Fill up the fertilizer between each rotation by stopping near the tractor. The duration of each rotation and the accuracy of the drops are noted but be careful, the runway is very short! To save time, you take off towards South and land towards North. The order of the fields is at your convenience. A word of advice, prepare the map solidly, the terrain is rugged!
- Speed : 90 kt
- Altitude : 30 ft AGL (Above Ground Level)
- The start of the drop is controlled by voice recognition: “Three Two One TOP”
- Drop in the order you want
- Drop duration : 5 seconds
- Fields altitude : Southern Field – 4330 ft, Western Field – 4592 ft et Eastern Field – 5117 ft
- The direction of the release is imposed ! More information below.
- Rotation time: be the fastest between each take off / landing. Take advantage of the refill of fertilizer to breathe.
- Precision of the release: spread in the right fields, at the right speed, at the right altitude and in the right direction!
- Landing: make your best landings on the target. Any deviation and rebound will be penalized.
Penalties cause the loss of points on the final score:
- Keep VMC conditions : keep your distance to clouds
- Stalling : be careful with slow speeds
- Leaving the mission zone : stay in the allowed area
A mission failure occurs if the aircraft is crashed or if its VNE (max speed) is exceeded.
Please take note of the map. Activate the “OpenCycleMap” map below to see the relief. Click here for full screen.
Respect the direction of the drop. Each field is delimited by four power poles.
Say “Three Two One TOP” to drop fertilizer for 5 seconds
To play Download the software Top Pilots Player for MSFS2020
IMPORTANT Make sure you have :
- Disabled MSFS2020 ATC : Top Pilots has its own control.
- Options -> Assistance -> User Experience -> ATC voices OFF
- Options -> Assistance ->Piloting ->Assistance -> Delegate ATC to AI OFF
- Activated MSFS2020 points of interest (POI)
- Assigned the TOGGLE LOGO LIGHT command to a key to replace and/or redound the Voice Command.
Make your Debrief!
Review the key moments of your mission from the Top Pilots Debrief debriefing platform. Analyze your track and relive your flight to objectively debrief your performance and improve your score.
Do you also have challenges to overcome in real flights? SAFETYN can assist you
SAFETYN'Coach is a complete system to help pilots improve their skills to improve their safety in flight. This system has been developed by experienced pilots and coaching experts who have developed a demanding methodology together.
SAFETYN'Coach offers video-conference coaching sessions, either one-off or for a complete course, as well as online evaluation tools.