You take off from the legendary Tarfaya airfield for a navigation in the desert, in the footsteps of the airmail. Be precise in your navigation so as not to get lost…
- Time : 15min
- Aircraft : Robin DR400 120
- Location : Tarfaya (TFY) QFU 03, Morocco
- Weather :
- Blue sky and wind from 270° for 6 knots
- METAR TFY 27006KT 9999 SKC 28/29 Q1027
You take off from the mythical airfield of Tarfaya at QFU 03. You follow the coastline to the east at 1000ft. Then, follow precisely the indications of the control and pass well vertical of the three turning points. Stay on course if you don’t want to get lost ! At the end of this navigation, you are asked to vertically mark a strange plane crashed near you. Once marked using the 321TOP command, land on the target next to the crashed plane.
- Speed : free
- Altitude : 1000 ft AMSL (Above Main Sea Level)
- The marking is controlled by voice recognition: “Three Two One TOP”
- Position : vertical the crash site
- Observation : follow exactly the control order to arrive on time on each points. Too fast or to slow and you lose point !
- Precision of the marking: mark the crash site with a perfect vertical at the right altitude
- Landing: make your best landing on the target. Any deviation and rebound will be penalized.
Penalties cause the loss of points on the final score:
- Keep VMC conditions : keep your distance to clouds
- Stalling : be careful with slow speeds
- Leaving the mission zone : stay in the allowed area
A mission failure occurs if the aircraft is crashed or if its VNE (max speed) is exceeded.
Please take note of the map. Activate the “OpenCycleMap” map below to see the relief. Click here for full screen.
Example of navigation point. Fly over and follow them !
Say “Three Two One TOP” when over the crash site at 1000ft AMSL
To play Download the software Top Pilots Player for MSFS2020
IMPORTANT Make sure you have :
- Disabled MSFS2020 ATC : Top Pilots has its own control.
- Options -> Assistance -> User Experience -> ATC voices OFF
- Options -> Assistance ->Piloting ->Assistance -> Delegate ATC to AI OFF
- Activated MSFS2020 points of interest (POI)
- Assigned the TOGGLE LOGO LIGHT command to a key to replace and/or redound the Voice Command.
Make your Debrief!
Review the key moments of your mission from the Top Pilots Debrief debriefing platform. Analyze your track and relive your flight to objectively debrief your performance and improve your score.
Do you also have challenges to overcome in real flights? SAFETYN can assist you
SAFETYN'Coach is a complete system to help pilots improve their skills to improve their safety in flight. This system has been developed by experienced pilots and coaching experts who have developed a demanding methodology together.
SAFETYN'Coach offers video-conference coaching sessions, either one-off or for a complete course, as well as online evaluation tools.