Drop of paratroopers
At the controls of the Grand Caravan, your mission is to drop five paratroopers into the dropzone of Malolo Island in Fiji. Will you be up to the task?
- Time : 20min
- Aircraft : Cessna Grand Caravan (C208)
- Location : Fiji, Nadi International Airport (NFFN) → Malolo Lailai Airport (NFFO) QFU 33
- Weather : Scattered cumulus at 4000ft and very light wind from 230° for 3kt
- METAR NFFN 23003KT 9999 BKN040 24/13 Q1030
Departing from Nadi airport in Fiji, your mission is to reach Malolo island with the Cessna Grand Caravan to drop five paratroopers at 10000ft and then land on the Malolo field to recover them.
- Speed : 75 kt
- Altitude : 10000 ft
- The start of the drop is controlled by voice recognition: “Three Two One TOP”
- Dropzone : Malolo’s vertical terrain within 1300m
- Takeoff/Drop Time : Fly efficiently to get to the dropzone as quickly as possible at the right altitude.
- Drop : Drop the parachutists in the right area, at the right speed and altitude. Be precise!
- Landing : Make your best landing on the target. Any deviation or bounce will be penalized.
Penalties cause the loss of points on the final score:
- Not complying with VMC conditions (cloud distancing)
- Leaving the mission zone
Map : trajectory to follow
Drop zone for paratroopers: 1300 m of radius at 10 000ft centered on the Malolo NFFO field
To play Download the software Top Pilots Player for MSFS2020
IMPORTANT Make sure you have :
- Disabled MSFS2020 ATC : Top Pilots has its own control.
- Options -> Assistance -> User Experience -> ATC voices OFF
- Options -> Assistance ->Piloting ->Assistance -> Delegate ATC to AI OFF
- Assigned the TOGGLE LOGO LIGHT command to a key to replace and/or redound the Voice Command.
Make your Debrief!
Review the key moments of your mission from the Top Pilots Debrief debriefing platform. Analyze your track and relive your flight to objectively debrief your performance and improve your score.
Do you also have challenges to overcome in real flights? SAFETYN can assist you
SAFETYN'Coach is a complete system to help pilots improve their skills to improve their safety in flight. This system has been developed by experienced pilots and coaching experts who have developed a demanding methodology together.
SAFETYN'Coach offers video-conference coaching sessions, either one-off or for a complete course, as well as online evaluation tools.