You leave early in the morning for a cruise along the coast with Delta Bravo on patrol. After Ipanema beach, you go to Christ the Redeemer for a memorable photo!
- Time : 15min
- Aircraft : Cessna Skyhawk C172
- Location : Jacarepagua Airport (SBJR) QFU21, Brazil → Santos Dumont, Brazil (SBRJ) QFU 02
- Weather :
- Blue sky and light wind from 270° for 2 knots
- METAR SBJR 27002KT 9999 SKC 28/27 Q1030
You take off at Jacarepagua runway 21 and find Delta Bravo waiting for you at the wind turbine around 1300ft. Say 321TOP to initiate the patrol and follow DB 1300ft and 100kts to Ipanema. Once the patrol is over, head to Christ the Redeemer and use 321TOP to attempt to reproduce the photo below (Be sure to calibrate your plugin in the tab “Settings” before the flight). Land at Santos Dumont runway 02.
- To activate the patrol, say “Three Two One TOP”.
- Maintain a distance between 5 and 35 meters
- Maintain a bearing between 120° and 240° (or from 4h to 8h)
- Maintain a leveling between -30° and 0°
- An audio signal will alert you when you are in position.
- The closer, the more point you get but do not endanger Delta Bravo
- Observation : Be fast to join Delta Bravo. The faster, the better
- Patrol accuracy: maintain the patrol the longest time possible and the closest possible. Careful, a collision will result in mission failure.
- Landing: make your best landing on the target. Any deviation or bounce will be penalized.
Penalties cause the loss of points on the final score:
- Keep VMC conditions : keep your distance to clouds
- Stalling : be careful with slow speeds
- Leaving the mission zone : stay in the allowed area
A mission failure occurs if the aircraft is crashed or if its VNE (max speed) is exceeded.
Please take note of the map. Activate the “OpenCycleMap” map below to see the relief. Click here for full screen.
The conditions of bearing, leveling and distances must be respected to be on Patrol.
Say “Three Two One TOP” to try to take this exact picture (screenshot of where you are looking at).
To play Download the software Top Pilots Player for MSFS2020
IMPORTANT Make sure you have :
- Disabled MSFS2020 ATC : Top Pilots has its own control.
- Options -> Assistance -> User Experience -> ATC voices OFF
- Options -> Assistance ->Piloting ->Assistance -> Delegate ATC to AI OFF
- Activated MSFS2020 points of interest (POI)
- Assigned the TOGGLE LOGO LIGHT command to a key to replace and/or redound the Voice Command.
Make your Debrief!
Review the key moments of your mission from the Top Pilots Debrief debriefing platform. Analyze your track and relive your flight to objectively debrief your performance and improve your score.
Do you also have challenges to overcome in real flights? SAFETYN can assist you
SAFETYN'Coach is a complete system to help pilots improve their skills to improve their safety in flight. This system has been developed by experienced pilots and coaching experts who have developed a demanding methodology together.
SAFETYN'Coach offers video-conference coaching sessions, either one-off or for a complete course, as well as online evaluation tools.