You take advantage of the sunset and join your friend in flight to perform a patrol along the Hawaiian cliffs.
- Time: 20min
- Aircraft: Robin DR400
- Location: Hawaii, Brandt Field 18HI → Kalaupapa LUP
- Weather: few cumulus at 4500ft and wind almost null from 260° for 2kt
- METAR LUP 26002KT 9999 BKN045 24/13 Q1027
Join the leader who is waiting for you in 360° near the windmill. Signal him by voice command and follow him on patrol along the cliffs until you reach Kalaupapa. Be careful not to doze off in front of the sunset!
- Activate the patrol by voice command “Three Two One TOP”
- Maintain a distance between 5 and 35 meters
- Maintain a bearing between 120° and 240° (or from 4h to 8h)
- Maintain a leveling between -30° and 0°
- An audio signal will alert you when you are in position.
- Search time: be quick to find the leader!
- Patrol accuracy: maintain the patrol the longest time possible and the closest possible. Careful, a collision will result in mission failure.
- Landing: make your best landing on the target. Any deviation or bounce will be penalized.
Penalties result in a loss of points on the final score:
- Not complying with VMC conditions (cloud distancing)
- Leaving the mission zone
Join the leader and start the patrol with the voice command: “Three Two One TOP”. Get behind him!
The flight zone. Meet the leader near the windmill. Watch your minimum altitude!
The conditions of bearing, leveling and distances must be respected to be on Patrol.
To play Download the software Top Pilots Player for MSFS2020
IMPORTANT Make sure you have :
- Disabled MSFS2020 ATC : Top Pilots has its own control.
- Options -> Assistance -> User Experience -> ATC voices OFF
- Options -> Assistance ->Piloting ->Assistance -> Delegate ATC to AI OFF
- Assigned the TOGGLE LOGO LIGHT command to a key to replace and/or redound the Voice Command.
Make your Debrief!
Review the key moments of your mission from the Top Pilots Debrief debriefing platform. Analyze your track and relive your flight to objectively debrief your performance and improve your score.
Do you also have challenges to overcome in real flights? SAFETYN can assist you
SAFETYN'Coach is a complete system to help pilots improve their skills to improve their safety in flight. This system has been developed by experienced pilots and coaching experts who have developed a demanding methodology together.
SAFETYN'Coach offers video-conference coaching sessions, either one-off or for a complete course, as well as online evaluation tools.