Back from sailing, Control asks you to go and find a boat in distress. Will you find it in time?
- Time: 20min
- Aircraft: Diamond DA40
- Location: Bretagne → Ushant (LFEC) terrain
- Weather: Dense stratus layer at 4500ft and strong wind from 260° for 20kt
- METAR LFEC 26020KT 5000 OVC045 24/13 Q1010
On your way back to Brest after sailing in DA40 towards England, Control reports a boat in distress south of Ushant Island. You divert to search for the boat before marking it on the radar by doing a 360° around its position. The lack of fuel forces you to land in Ushant.
- Activation of the marking at the beginning of the 360° by voice recognition: “Three Two One TOP”
- 360° centered on the boat’s position
- Altitude: as stable as possible
- End of marking after 360° of scrolling
- Turning direction at your convenience
- Search time: be fast!
- Marking precision : maintain your altitude and center your 360° on the boat!
- Landing: make your best landing on the target. Any deviation will be penalized.
Penalties cause the loss of points on the final score:
- Not complying with VMC conditions (cloud distancing)
- Leaving the mission zone
This is the sinking ship. Mark it with a 360°.
Mission zone to be respected. Watch your minimum altitude of 500ft!
Mark the target with a regular 360° at a constant altitude. At your signal: “Three Two One TOP”!
To play Download the software Top Pilots Player for MSFS2020
IMPORTANT Make sure you have :
- Disabled MSFS2020 ATC : Top Pilots has its own control.
- Options -> Assistance -> User Experience -> ATC voices OFF
- Options -> Assistance ->Piloting ->Assistance -> Delegate ATC to AI OFF
- Assigned the TOGGLE LOGO LIGHT command to a key to replace and/or redound the Voice Command.
Make your Debrief!
Review the key moments of your mission from the Top Pilots Debrief debriefing platform. Analyze your track and relive your flight to objectively debrief your performance and improve your score.
Do you also have challenges to overcome in real flights? SAFETYN can assist you
SAFETYN'Coach is a complete system to help pilots improve their skills to improve their safety in flight. This system has been developed by experienced pilots and coaching experts who have developed a demanding methodology together.
SAFETYN'Coach offers video-conference coaching sessions, either one-off or for a complete course, as well as online evaluation tools.