As you enyoy the view of the Oberland at 12,500 ft, you have a radio broadcast failure. The control warns you, Charlie Hotel, a DA40 in the area offers to escort you to Reichenbach. A beautiful patrol is coming…
- Time : 20min
- Aircraft : DA40-NG
- Location : Bernese Oberland, Switzerland → Flugplatz Reichenbach (LSGR) QFU 22
- Weather :
- Blue sky and light wind from 270° for 4 knots
- METAR LSGR 27004KT 9999 SKC 28/27 Q1030
In flight at 12,500 feet above the famous Eiger, the control can no longer hear you, you have a radio failure! Charlie Hotel, a DA40 in the area offers an escort to Reichenbach. It gives you a rendezvous vertical the town of Grindelwald at 7000 feet in exactly 5 minutes. You join him and patrol with him at 95 kts to the airfield. Be careful, he won’t be waiting for you ! Once in Reichenbach, mark the vertical with command 321TOP before joining the standard circuit to land on runway 22.
- To activate the patrol, join Charlie Hotel.
- Maintain a distance between 5 and 35 meters
- Maintain a bearing between 120° and 240° (or from 4h to 8h)
- Maintain a leveling between -30° and 0°
- An audio signal will alert you when you are in position.
- The closer, the more point you get but do not endanger Charlie Hotel.
- Vertical : anticipate your vertical to mark it perfectly at the right altitude !
- Patrol accuracy: maintain the patrol the longest time possible and the closest possible. Careful, a collision will result in mission failure.
- Landing: make your best landing on the target. Any deviation or bounce will be penalized.
Penalties cause the loss of points on the final score:
- Keep VMC conditions : keep your distance to clouds
- Stalling : be careful with slow speeds
- Leaving the mission zone : stay in the allowed area
A mission failure occurs if the aircraft is crashed or if its VNE (max speed) is exceeded.
Please take note of the map. Activate the “OpenCycleMap” map below to see the relief. Click here for full screen.
The conditions of bearing, leveling and distances must be respected to be on Patrol.
Say “Three Two One TOP” at 1000ft AGL when you are vertical the runway before integrating the standard pattern.
To play Download the software Top Pilots Player for MSFS2020
IMPORTANT Make sure you have :
- Disabled MSFS2020 ATC : Top Pilots has its own control.
- Options -> Assistance -> User Experience -> ATC voices OFF
- Options -> Assistance ->Piloting ->Assistance -> Delegate ATC to AI OFF
- Activated MSFS2020 points of interest (POI)
- Assigned the TOGGLE LOGO LIGHT command to a key to replace and/or redound the Voice Command.
Make your Debrief!
Review the key moments of your mission from the Top Pilots Debrief debriefing platform. Analyze your track and relive your flight to objectively debrief your performance and improve your score.
Do you also have challenges to overcome in real flights? SAFETYN can assist you
SAFETYN'Coach is a complete system to help pilots improve their skills to improve their safety in flight. This system has been developed by experienced pilots and coaching experts who have developed a demanding methodology together.
SAFETYN'Coach offers video-conference coaching sessions, either one-off or for a complete course, as well as online evaluation tools.